How to export .cdr to .dxf or .dwg?

Hello,

we use CorelDraw X5 to make cartographies on building plans with several layers of - mostly - polylines drawings (one layer = one building material type or one weathering form type) and we must give them back to architects who use AutoCAD.

We already tried several times to export the .cdr to .dxf or .dwg files, but till now, the architect seems to be able to open the files, but our cartographie is quite illegible: only some parts of the layers are visible and it seems that some layers are not visible at all...

Does someone can first tell me if the exportation .cdr to .dxf/.dwg is really possible?

If it's possible, does someone can explain me how to exactly do? (the help doesn't help me at all till now...)

Thanks,

Bénédicte

Parents
No Data
  • I tried export metafile (wmf) gives its best results as dxf

The most easy way to take AutoCAD drawings to Corel Draw as vector curves is to use the wmf format. Export your drawings from AutoCAD as WMF. Go to file, click on export

Define a folder to export the file and select the wmf (windows metafile) format in the dropdown box:
    corel draw, autocad, adobe illustrator integration tutorial archsociety.com
    When you click on ‘save’ you will come to your model space in AutoCAD. Now select your desired are of your drawing to export it as wmf for using in other vector graphics softwares like Corel Draw.

After selection press Enter or right-click. Your wmf file is now saved to the folder.

Now open the Corel Draw file. Drag the wmf file from the folder and drop inside your drawing (you can do it using the ‘import’ command in corel also). Your AutoCAD drawing will now appear as vector curves in Corel Draw.
    To edit or render the drawing in Corel, just right click on the drawing and ‘ungroup’ it.

You are done. Now start rendering the drawing in Corel draw. You can change line thickness and color (press F12), you can also fill any area or use other effects as you desire.

To keep the file size and memory usage in control of corel keep the imported drawing in a group after rendering(to group objects press ctrl+G).

Another technique of using AutoCAD drawing in Corel is to save the AutoCAD drawing as ‘.dxf AutoCAD 2000’ format. You’ll get this option in ‘save as’. DXF drawings can be dragged and dropped or imported in Corel Draw directly. But you can’t select any specific area of the drawing during import export process. DXF will come with the entire model space drawing of the AutoCAD file into Corel, and often it may cause memory shortage and slow performance...

Children