Unable to login to review CorelDRAW X5

My company wants to buy the adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator) for me to use but I wanted to test CorelDRAW because it's gotten better reviews and is less expensive. 

Several days ago, I downloaded CorelDRAW X5 for test purposes.  It said that I could use it for 30 days before purchasing it.  After installation, it opened to a page where I had to register.  I input all my info, submitted it, then it took me to "Page Not Found."  I gave up for awhile and did something else.

Later, I noticed that the registration had gone through anyway because I received an email with my ID and password.  So, I tried to run X5 again.  The registration screen cane up but since I had already registered, it typed into the login side of the screen.  This also took me to "Page Not Found."  It gave some Help links, so I clicked on Support.  But when I was required to choose the product from a list, CorelDraw X5 was not listed.  The list has several items on it, but for CorelDraw, it only goes up to X4.  So I could not elicit help there.

So I decided to get help from the forum here, since this seems to be the only place that allows me to request help.  FYI, I tried the login with my given password, and also with the new password (I changed it so that I didn't have to memorize gibberish). 

The gist is that I can't use the Program (Coreldraw X5) at all unless I am able to login.  IF the login doesn't work, Coreldraw X5 closes.  The bad login takes me to an unhelpful "Page Not Found" site.  My 30 days is going to be wasted trying to get help on how to run the application when the login doesn't work.  Anyway, sorry this post is so long.  Thanks for your help.