Corel x5 - creating a pdf or ps file and keeping a glow transparency

Hi guys, me again !

My boss has designed a layout in Corel x5 and he has added a drop shadow glow to a vector logo - i am unsure how he did this, sorry, i hope you are all a lot better than me in Corel so you will understand how ?!

My problem is that when i create a pdf file and view it in acrobat, we lose the nice soft glow - we get what looks like a fat shadow - If i create a ps file (for outputting to our large format printer), my RIP tells me that a potential conflict may exist between spot colour replacement and a flattened transparency.

I guess Corel is flattening the transparency ? - Do i just need to print the file and at some point choose to keep the transparency instead of it being flattened ?  If so, where do i find this to do it ?

I can do a pdf file for you all to see what outcome I am getting if this helps, if you could tell me how best to upload it on this forum?

Sammi

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Sammi,

how are you producing the PDF? Are you using Publish to PDF in CorelDraw, or printing via Adobe PDF (or similar)? If the former, what type of PDF model did you choose? If you "Publish to PDF" and choose PDF/X-3 you should get a proper drop shadow. Document Distribution also works.

Best regards,
    Brian.

Children