Pages are transposed in document.

I have been using CorelDraw X5 for three years to lay out a magazine. It worked fine under Windows 7, but I was forced to get a new computer with Windows 8. When I loaded CorelDraw, I got a message saying that it would work, but there were "issues".

Now one of those "issues" has apparently cropped up. CorelDraw is transposing some of my pages. The last two pages of one article are moved into the following article, and the first page of the following article is moved into the preceding article. If I move them back where they belong, Corel just moves them again. This is not only frustrating and annoying, it's eating up my time, and I'm on a deadline. Any suggestions?

Parents
No Data
  • I found your reply in the Today page, but it doesn't seem to have attached itself to the original post so I'll post that here first:

Molliemole said:
    I do have linked text frames from page to page, but Corel is ignoring the links. I should say that I've only recently been getting an incompatibility message about my Word files. Every single file that I import requires a download of a compatibility update from Corel. You'd think once would be enough.
    Thanks for the reply.

Hmm ... word files frequently contain formatting codes that are not visible on screen and can be quite disruptive when imported into other programs, if only because they create several kilobytes of formatting just to represent a few bytes of text.

As a quick test to see if the problem is the frame linking or the word text, could you try making a copy of your file, deleting the text in the affected linked frames and importing a similar length of plain text -- does that exhibit the same problem, or does it now work normally?

Children
No Data