making booklet with facing page and page numbering it with macros

hello, i'm new here & i have problem with making booklet with facing page

and i want page numbering it with macros but the page  show double ,

a sample like after page 2-3 is the page 2-3 again.  where is my mistake..?

Parents
  • Its not actually a mistake, more a misunderstanding.

When you have facing pages showing, there is still only one of the pair of pages which is the current page and I think if you look at the tabs below the page it will show which page that is. This is because certain functions (eg find and replace) are performed a page at a time. And of course, you will not actually print your pair of pages twice when you come to do so.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about page numbering with macros though. Mostly you can perform page numbering without a macro -- just go to Layout > Insert Page Number > On All Pages. This will initially place page numbers in the bottom centre of each page but you can move them to the outside of the page, or wherever you want them. Your page numbers are actually on the left and right page master layers, so you can move them separately and the new position will also apply to all the other left and right pages.

Its only if you wanted to do something much more complicated that you would need a macro -- in which case, perhaps if you explain the numbering you want to do we will be able to suggest an answer.

Reply Children