Why is my text blurry on web banners

Hi All

I still using X5 as at present it suits my needs. The one issue I do have is that when i do  web banner (any size) if there is a solid background the text becomes slightly blurry. How do i keep it crisp when put onto the web site as it looks fine in Corel Draw and even looks fine when i re-open the PNG file. To see what i am talking about have a look at the site www.chitterchatter.co.uk.

You can mainly see it on the red iPhone banner, the iPhone logo is blurred.

Regards Paul

Parents
  • Looks to me like A) to much compression (looks like melted cheese) AND B) in Draw if you do not hint the text you get the hypothetical half pixel effect and that produces the blur. Could be some of both.

Draw produces excellent text and graphic creation for me but I never export from Draw to the web because of what you say. I suggest you create your graphic in draw, then export to psd at 300dpi. (dpi has no place in web work but it does support quality going my route. Then  I use PS or Fireworks. I size it there and then export to the web. Perfect crisp every time.

AI auto forces the hinting to not split the pixel, Draw does not, however Draw is still so much better overall. Corel needs to fix this issue, also messes up sizing and icons

Create you assets in Draw and off to a photo editor of your choice..

Reply Children