Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X6

I use Corel PHOTO-PAINT and CorelDRAW® every day for all my digital work, including illustrations, graphic design and layout for book covers, brochures, vector logos, T-shirt prints and, of course, image editing. Sometimes I use just one program at a time and other times I use both programs together.

Bitmap editing

Even as an illustrator and graphic designer, image editing is important to me, whether I work with RAW, TIFF or JPEG images. Combining Corel PHOTO-PAINT with Corel® AfterShot™ Pro is simply a great workflow. With those two programs, you are prepared for any work that is thrown at you.

Illustration

I create all kinds of illustrations, from designing book covers to storyboarding for movies. Whether it is small- or large-scale imagery, my work requires bitmap drawing, painting and vector illustration. So having a great combination like Corel PHOTO-PAINT and CorelDRAW, makes it a pure joy.

Coloring drawings is a major part of illustration, of course, and Corel PHOTO-PAINT makes this process user friendly and efficient. For me, Merge Mode and Lens Objects in the Object Docker are a gift. And this is regardless of whether the illustration is a scanned drawing or drawn directly with a Wacom® tablet pen. For everyone who works with illustrations, I can not stress enough how great this combination of tools is—it is as if you are drawing underneath the outlines instead of on top of them, and it does not damage the outlines.

Batch Process in Corel PHOTO-PAINT is pure love. Picture a storyboard for a short movie with more than 80 illustrations/frames that have to be adjusted with resampled size and file formats and saved in the same folder before sending to the client, the movie director. To do that manually with each image would easily take half a day, while doing it with Batch Process in Corel PHOTO-PAINT takes a total of one minute. That is love for you.

Stefan Lindblad works full time as a self-employeed illustrator, graphic designer and artist for a wide variety of clients both in Sweden and internationally. Visit www.stefanlindblad.com to learn more about Stefan and see his work.