Removing color but keeping shades

I would like to remove the blue color from this image without breaking the lighting effects and shadows that are present on the blue color. The area where blue was should be transparent. How can I do this?

PS:I just started working with Photo Paint X6, so I am unaware of any semi-advanced techniques.

Thanks,

Marek

Parents
  • Should be easy if I understand you correctly. Select your object(s) or draw a mask around the blue bits of your image and from "Adjust" menu select > Hue, Saturation..." Turn the Saturation to "0". This should remove all blue color leaving only a gray scales, but should retain the shading. Should work in CorelDraw and PhotoPaint. In case not all the blue has been selected hold the Shift key and select the parts that should be added.

or

I took your pic into Photopaint. Since everything other than blue is gray then simply use the "magic wand" mask - click on the white picture background. This will select the entire out line. of the object. then select the Mask menu and choose "invert". Then select the "Adjust" menu > Hue, Saturation, lightness > Select master channel > move the saturation slider all the way left so saturation=0. and that is it.

Hope I understood your question.

Reply Children