Windows 10 and Compatibility with Photo-Paint X6

Since the November updates to Windows 10, Photo-paint x6 has gotten terribly flaky. Specifically, the brushes don't follow the mouse, anymore, instead making big diagonal strokes across the image. Something to do with a HiDPI screen. I wrote to Corel support and have been told the x6 does not support Windows 10, but x7 does. I can't find any spec sheets that say that. Has anyone here been told that?

Parents
No Data
  • Thanks for all the answers.

I bought x6 last year, directly from Corel. It isn't old. It never worked all that well on Windows 8.1. It's gotten worse on Windows 10. This product only runs on Windows -- one might expect the manufacturers to make sure it's compatible with the current versions, even after release. But, it appears to me that Corel is only interested in supporting the current version and gives up on the old version as soon as a new one is out.

Which doesn't motivate me to but x7 in the least. I checked Wikipedia and there seems to be a two-year cycle of new releases. Probably better off waiting for x8, at this point.
Children
No Data