cropping canvas size prints/pictures

I have a question about cropping pictures to standard picture/canvas sizes. I do paintings and want to make prints available. I took pictures of paintings with hi-res camera. The problem I have is cropping the image to match the size of the canvas or at least a proportionally smaller size, without messing ratio aspect. example- if canvas in picture is 16x20, how can I crop it so I can print it 16x20 in a 17x22 paper? If I have several different pics of different paintings, how do I crop so all print out the same size?

Parents
No Data
  • What I do is open the original file and do all the correcting edits that are needed and save.

Then I save as and rename the file. I resample the image maintaining aspect ratio, (image menu, resample) either the height or width can be done to match the image size you need. Make sure the other side that does not match your desired size is larger when resampled and when cropped to the size required will not cut off any critical aspects of the image. File save.

Then under image menu, paper size adjust the side that was too big, this will maintain aspect ratio, resolution and quality. File and save.

Now if you're printing on canvas after the paper size was adjusted go back to the image menu, paper size and add in blank paper all around to wrap around the stretcher bars.

Then after that under the image menu, resample, set the resolution required for your output provider 9DO NOT CLICK MAINTAIN IMAGE SIZE) save as and rename to show the different resolution.

Children
No Data