Overriding max fountain fill position (100+)

Is there a way to be able to set the position of fountain fill to more than 100? Wasn't this possible in previous versions of Corel Draw?
Anyways, I want to achieve the result as shown below. The logical way would be to set position to more than 100, and than to adjust the gradient colors manually to get the look with less curved arch as in gradient on the left side. I think it is obvious why this is very important. I know that there are multiple other ways to achieve this, as you can see that I did (converting to bitmap and crop in this situation in this case), but these are all limited workarounds, and the only "clean" way to do this is as I described.

The question is; how!? 

Also the interesting thing is that is possible to adjust the gradient in toolbar to more than 100 by mouse dragging it, but it doesn't apply to the object.

I believe this worked in previous versions.
  • estugarda said:

100 seems to be the limit (testing in X6.3). But I've never tried setting it higher so don't know if it was previously possible to exceed it,

But I imagine you could do what you want, by applying the fill to another, larger object and then using your current object as a powerclip.

Yes, seems to be another ridiciulous X6 limitation. I don't know if it's limited only to X6.3. Or if it is a bug.

[/quote]

First of all, let's think a moment: When we say 100, what are we talking about? ? 100 pixels? 100 millimeters?? ? No, there is a percentage that is set from zero to 100. Mathematically, we could use 101% or 120% but if we speak of a value ranging from zero to 100 is not possible. Likewise, when we choose the percentage of ink, we can use 20%. 50%, etc but no program allows you to use a 120% black. The maximum is 100 

So, let me explain a litle why is set to 100. We are talking about the diameter of the circle, because you're use a Radial Fill. You can't use more than 100% of the circle, because if you enlarge the circle always the max size is 100%. The radius of the Radial Fountain fll is always 50% of the diameter, no matter the size or distance. 

estugarda said:
    I believe this worked in previous versions.

Never was possible, also on any other software

estugarda said:
    Also the interesting thing is that is possible to adjust the gradient in toolbar to more than 100 by mouse dragging it, but it doesn't apply to the object.

So, you can enlarge tne Radial Fil, just press the G key for Interative fill and drag. That's enlarge or reduce the circle of Fountain Fill or change the center,  Is more than 100% of the size of the selected object, but never is more than 100% of the diameter of the fill. 

• Ariel said:

First of all, let's think a moment: When we say 100, what are we talking about? ? 100 pixels? 100 millimeters?? ? No, there is a percentage that is set from zero to 100. Mathematically, we could use 101% or 120% but if we speak of a value ranging from zero to 100 is not possible. Likewise, when we choose the percentage of ink, we can use 20%. 50%, etc but no program allows you to use a 120% black. The maximum is 100

So, let me explain a little why is set to 100. We are talking about the diameter of the circle, because you're use a Radial Fill. You can't use more than 100% of the circle, because if you enlarge the circle always the max size is 100%. The radius of the Radial Fountain fll is always 50% of the diameter, no matter the size or distance.

I understand the logic behind it as it is, but it is not necessary. It's a ridiculous limitation. As you said, it could've been set to 120%. These are vectors. They are where you put them. They don't fill real physical space but virtual. You can't compare that with ink example because that is physically limited. There is only one reason why 100 is set to max; somebody made it like that without thinking that it is a limitation.

Ariel said:
    Never was possible, also on any other software

I remember this bothered me before, and I think I found some kind of a workaround. Maybe it was with PowerClip. Maybe I'm wrong about it, but you can definitely do this with other software.Try Inkscape. You can do wildest things with fountain fills there. Including resizing and deforming the circular gradient to any desired size or position. It simply is programmed to get out of the object dimensions. So what!? Who says it's not allowed? Apart from Corel, I mean.

Look at this image. It's self explanatory. This is how CorelDRAW Gradient tool should work like;

Ariel said:
    So, you can enlarge tne Radial Fil, just press the G key for Interactive fill and drag. That's enlarge or reduce the circle of Fountain Fill or change the center,  Is more than 100% of the size of the selected object, but never is more than 100% of the diameter of the fill.

Interactive does the same limited thing, as you say. Same thing.