converting RGB to CMYK - fails

I have created some vector drawings for the web or electronic viewing only.  I now need to convert some of this stuff for print and when I convert from RGB to CMYK, the colours lose their vibrancy.  and when I'm converting, I no longer have the picker to work with.

Can someone help? ... please and thanks.

Thanks.

Parents
No Data
  • Cowtoon said:

I have created some vector drawings for the web or electronic viewing only.  I now need to convert some of this stuff for print and when I convert from RGB to CMYK, the colours lose their vibrancy.  and when I'm converting, I no longer have the picker to work with.

Can someone help? ... please and thanks.

Thanks.

Since RGB has 16.8 millions colors and CMYK only 64.000, the difference is easy to understand. btw a correct color profile will produce a better change, according with the material and system of printing. But the brilliant and luminous colors of RGB will loose bright when you convert to CMYK

Terremoto said:

No need to convert them at all. Just print them as is. Trust me, they'll come out just fine.

Dan

This is an dangerous advice. Some RIP can convert from RGB to CMYK, suing their internal color profiles, but not all do it, and not all have this option enabled. On almost all case, if you send a, RGB image the result will be a pale image, without bright, color and contrast...If you are not really sure that the RIP has this feature, never send an RGB image. On 99% of the time the result will be wrong

Children