Printing Issue in CDR X6

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, or something basic I should know.  But I've combed the forums, the help files, as well as doing a general web search, and I cannot find the answer.

The issue: When I print, my documents margins are off.  For example, a 3.5 " x 2" business card, all content contained within boundaries.  I've tried it as a single card, making a full page (for Avery sheets) with the imposition layout tool, and well as a full repeated page of 10, on a document sized 8.5" x 10".  I've adjusted gutters, margins -- basically anything I can find that's editable -- and no matter how it looks in the screen print preview, it prints slighty off, which on a perforated sheet pretty much ruins them all.  

In regards to my above example, my left & right margin are 0.75", and my top/bottom margins are 0.50".  There is no space between the 2-across/5-up cards.  Again, looks fine on my screen preview, but prints 'slightly' to the left.  I've gone so far as to adjust my graphics, moving them slighty to the right to compensate -- still fails.

I hope someone has the solution.  I'm about to tear out my hair from frustration!!  Angry  TIA.  

PS:  I've tried multiple printers, thinking that could be the issue, but the problem was repeatable no matter which printer I used.

Parents
No Data
  • I think you may have a mismatch between the size of the page in CorelDraw and the actual paper size.

This happens typically for two reasons:

1. you have A4 paper but the printer driver insists on defaulting to letter size and sometimes printer drivers are very resistant to remembering an A4 default size.
    2. Your page sizes in CorelDraw and the printer driver are the same, but the printer has a "fit to printable area" option which is turned on. In that case, the printer reduces the print size by a couple of percent so that it fits inside the printable margins. Annoyingly it does this even if you've already ensured your design fits within the margins and even if you've specified "100% size" or "as in document" in CorelDraw.

Explaining how to fix it is not so easy because there are many printers with different driver setup screens. The best hope is if you can say what printers you have and perhaps somebody here has the same one to explain where you find these settings.

For ease of explanation, it would also be useful to say the exact size of the printer paper.

Children