Printing Issue in CDR X6

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, or something basic I should know.  But I've combed the forums, the help files, as well as doing a general web search, and I cannot find the answer.

The issue: When I print, my documents margins are off.  For example, a 3.5 " x 2" business card, all content contained within boundaries.  I've tried it as a single card, making a full page (for Avery sheets) with the imposition layout tool, and well as a full repeated page of 10, on a document sized 8.5" x 10".  I've adjusted gutters, margins -- basically anything I can find that's editable -- and no matter how it looks in the screen print preview, it prints slighty off, which on a perforated sheet pretty much ruins them all.  

In regards to my above example, my left & right margin are 0.75", and my top/bottom margins are 0.50".  There is no space between the 2-across/5-up cards.  Again, looks fine on my screen preview, but prints 'slightly' to the left.  I've gone so far as to adjust my graphics, moving them slighty to the right to compensate -- still fails.

I hope someone has the solution.  I'm about to tear out my hair from frustration!!  Angry  TIA.  

PS:  I've tried multiple printers, thinking that could be the issue, but the problem was repeatable no matter which printer I used.

Parents Reply
  • Endy_P said:
    EPSON AcuLaser C2800N

Epson is not very helpful. At http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/specs/2705 they just say "Paper Formats A4" with no mention of maximum print area, which is not very helpful.

I found http://pricedown.com.vn/item/epson-aculaser-c2800n which says "Maximum print area: Legal (216 x 356 mm)" but I cannot trust that. No laser printer I know of prints right to the edge of the page and 216 x 356mm is the size of legal.

I had to download the manual and can see 4mm mentioned for the margin. If that is correct, then the maximum printable area on an A4 page is 202mm x 289mm.

Endy_P said:
    what if i want to print 26 labels

That should be possible. You would have to create a 26-up label imposition that corresponds to the labels that you intend to use. But it seems to me that if your layout is 4 wide and 10 up but you cannot print to any of the outside labels, then you have only 16 fully-printable labels.

Anyway, choose an A4 page and then go to tools > options > document > label and change the option on the right to labels

Choose any A4 label sheet as the basis. Your 4610 is probably good to start. Then use the customise label button to change the details.

Set the label size, ignore the detailed margins and select auto margins, keep gutters and auto space gutters off. Reduce the number of rows and columns as needed. Give the layout a new name and you should be ready to go.

Children