Dxf import problems.. Anyone have any idea??

As I've done hundreds, if not thousands of times before, when I need to email a PDF of a router file, I export a dxf from my router software and import it into Corel. I do this at least 10 times a day. My router software cannot export a PDF.  Today, after having imported about 5 dxf's, Corel suddenly stopped importing them. All I get is an "unrecoverable error" pop up. I did not make any changes to my import filter. I've tried several different dxf's as well. I can't even import dxf's that  have worked in the past. I rebooted my computer. No difference. Still wont work. I was able to import the dxf on another computer running Corel x6 with no issues at all. So I know the file is okay. As far as I can tell, the problem is either my computer or Corel on my computer. What I don't understand is how was it working perfectly fine one minute, and not working the next? Everything else is working just fine. No problems other than importing a dxf. Has anyone ever encountered this? If so, how did you fix it? Using somebody else's computer to do this is not an option. The other guy needs to work too..  ;)

Parents
  • Hello Ponyboy; You may need to clean up the computer, try running a Registry Cleaner. You can get Warp Registry Cleaner free, it's what I use. If that doesn't work hold down the F8 key while starting Corel, You may want to run the registry cleaner after reseting Corel,. Resetting Corel with the F8 key will also reset the work space also.
      It is best to do the above after a fresh reboot with nothing else running, and you will want to clean out the Temp files before the cleaning the registry, by going to the Windows Start menu, and in the search typing in %temp% and clicking start when you have found them Select all the files and delete them.

My Thoughts, George

Reply Children