Pantone Colors

I am a graphic artist for a screen printer. We just recently made a major leap from CorelDraw 11 to X6. I am having a problem in that when I use Pantone colors they look correct on my monitor (Matches Pantone book), they look fine when converted to .jpgs, but they do not always print out correctly from my printer. As an example Pantone 375 is a lime green, but it prints out like a darker Kelly green.

I know x6 has a lot of color management options. But there are too many options and I am confused with what to change. So far all changes have had no effect on the print outs.

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Andy,

You can read about spot colors handling in X5/X7 here Color Management guide ( PDF )

In short, by default X5 and X6 use LAB values from Pantone libraries, which gets you the most accurate color reproduction, provided color management is set up correctly. If this does not work well for you, try changing what palette color values to use for the spots in Tools->Color Management->Default Settings dialog, "Spot color definition" control.

Gennady

Children