Setting up and printing name tags

I need some guidance.  I've never had to do this type thing before.  About all I've done has been call cards....one name and address on hundreds of cards.  Now I need to do name tags for a local function.  How would I go about doing this.  Each tag will have a photo ID and a name plus the business name. ....so one of each tag on 8.5 x 11 sheets of "labels" arranged in 2 rows of 4 being 8 up.  The "Avery" label size is 2.25 x 3.5 ....#74549.  Should I get each label ready as a "page" in a file say 1 - 50 then how would I send it to the printer in order to get one of each label?  I deal mostly in wide format printing daily.  I have a small  format printer  (Oki C9650) that can print up to 12x36 media so printing sheets of labels should be easy. I'm using CorelDraw x6.

Parents
No Data
  • Robbie said:
    The "Avery" label size is 2.25 x 3.5 ....#74549.  Should I get each label ready as a "page" in a file

Yes, that is how I would do it. If that label already has an avery template (look in the labels template) it will create the correct page size for you, but its no great problem to just set the page size yourself. The important thing is that the page size must be that of the individual label, not the size of the sheet.

You can then create some master page guidelines to shown the position of the photograph and the text, which will help to get them uniform. You could also possibly put the logo of the organisation running the event on the master page.

When you have added the names and photos you use the label template (or the print imposition feature) to print them 8 to the page.

Children
No Data