Changing the color of part of a design

Hi!

I have a design and I need to change part of it a different color.  It is one design, so in order to change the color do I have to break it apart?  Because I'm using the design for a vinyl cutter would I then need bring things to the front and do the front minus back on it all again?  I hope this makes sense, when you break a design apart it messes all the parts of it up esp for cutting.

I have never been able to figure out how to change just part of a design without breaking it apart.

Thanks,

Tracee

Parents
No Data
  • Are these vector objects or a bitmap?

If they are vector objects, then the easiest way to change the colour of one of the objects is change the colour of the object in the object manager.

First, try selecting the object. If the object manager shows that a group is selected, expand the [+] sign alongside the group and select the group objects one at a time until you see you have selected the correct one, and then you can change its colour.

Or, if there are a lot of objects the same colour to be changed, try the colour replacer (or better, one of the third party colour replacer macros) but that will only work if you want all objects of the colour changed in the same way.

Children