Frustrated~

Hello~

I'm very frustrated. Draw keeps crashing on me.  I'm using X6 with all updates installed.  I have a new computer with 8GB RAM and OS Windows 7.  I realize that Win 8 is being pushed as the "only valid" operating system.  Could my preference for using Windows 7 be the cause of the crashing?  Personally, I don't like Window 8 or do I like being forced to use a product I don't care for.

With that said, any suggestions to alleviate my frustration?

Thanks,

Patty

Parents
No Data
  • Patty Powers said:
    I have a new computer with 8GB RAM and OS Windows 7.  I realize that Win 8 is being pushed as the "only valid" operating system.  Could my preference for using Windows 7 be the cause of the crashing?  Personally, I don't like Window 8 or do I like being forced to use a product I don't care for.

I use Windows 7 - 32 bits and I have no plans for change to Windows 8. Maybe Windows 10 in the future. The system and the programs works fine and I don't need to change it. I notice that most of the users with performance problems are using Windows 64 bits. Although it seems more powerful, and you can use more RAM memory, it also requires more memory and resources. Some of the more useful macros just didn't work under 64 bits. btw I know a lot of people working under 64 bits with CorelDRAW x6 and/or X7 without any problem. the most important point is the maintenance of the operating system (clean up temporary files, less than 400 installed fonts, disable unnecessary running programs, etc)

harryLondon said:
    There is one other thing that I always do, which may help. In control panel > system > advanced system settings > advanced > settings > advanced go to the virtual memory settings > change and turn off the "Automatically manage" option. Further down, select custom size.

I agree, Virtual memory is one the most important point, increase as big as possible. 

Children
No Data