Draw - PDF settings

When I convert a 2 page document, 1 side colour 1 side B/W, to pdf and send to a photocopier via the pc so it is printed the photocopier counts each page as colour, as we are charged for each page we print and colour is much more expensive I wondered if anyone knows why or how to prevent it.

Word documents count correctly but not those via draw. 

I spoke to the photocopier tech guys today and they can't explain it but also don't know draw.

I also have to turn the second page upside in draw otherwise it prints upside down -  but not from Publisher is this a pdf/draw mismatch? 

Parents
  • The upside down second page is probably an error choosing the duplex setting.

In CorelDraw, click on the preferences button in the print screen, alongside the printer dropdown. But after that, every printer has a different layout. Here' mine:

In that duplex section, you see that apart from off there are two possible duplex settings. Other printers use words instead of graphics, maybe a choice of "long edge" or "short edge" duplexing. Whichever you currently have, you probably need to choose the other setting.

The colour or black and white selection will probably also be on the same screen (in my case, its the panel below the duplex selection). But as far as I'm aware, you can only set it once per document -- there is an inbuilt assumption that all pages in the document are the same.

In theory, CorelDraw ought to be able to work out whether a page is colour or black and white, then if the printer itself allows it, change the mode between pages. In practice, its probably not quite that simple unless the page is composed exclusively of black objects and greyscale images. And then ... what colour is black actually? Is a 1% deviation from pure grey sufficient to consider the page a colour page or should it be forced to greyscale? It is probably easier for word, which in earlier versions at least had no colour management and supported only RGB colours.

Reply Children