Contour Cutting On A Roland Camm-1 Cutter

I tried to post this question yesterday with an uploaded image but after I typed out the steps I took  and uploaded the image (which was in the wrong area of my post) I tried to go back and fix it but I lost the whole post.  Any way I won't go into a lot of detail on this post.  I need some help from anyone that uses a Roland Camm-1 CM400 cutter.  I cannot get my cutting to align with the printed image. Any help would be appreciated. 

Parents
No Data
  • I don't have a Camm1. I have dealt with a few vinyl cutters and print cut machines. I think with the Camm1 it has optical sensors for Contour Cutting.

I am not sure what software that cutter comes with. But critical to Contour cutting are the registrations marks. These are read by the cutter to align the cut job. There should be a way to add them in CorelDraw. But the normal work flow would be to create the artwork in the design program, (CorelDraw.) Import it into the rip software. The rip software prints it with registration marks and ques it latter for cutting after alignment.

Is this your work flow or do you have something other? What is the Rip and or Cutting software for the Camm1?  Is lamination involved?  Which printer are you using?  What is the media?

Roland software I have worked with in the past uses a user defined spot color, "CutContor" to specify that any hairlines are designated as cutting paths.  It might be that you need to use this spot color in CorelDraw to define the cutting paths before the jobs go to the rip.

Children