Help with update patch.

I have the Home & Student version of X6 and I’m unable to get the X6.4 patch to install. It is registered with Corel. The O/S is Win XP SP3.  It is used to drive a laser engraver that only operates under XP as there are no other drivers available. The PC is part of the laser so there are no options to upgrade the OS, the driver or Corel. X6 only needs to be on the laser to load files, fine tune the print parameters and print the file. When I run the patch it will unpack, attempt to install then give me the error message:

“'Your Update Was Not Installed' The Installer cannot install the upgrade patch because the program being upgraded may be missing or the patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that the program exists on your computer and that you have the correct update patch."

I’ve tried while logged into my account on Corel, I’ve tried the Update menu option in the CorelDraw menu. 

There isn't a specific X6 Home & Student version update only the X6 patch. I’ve contacted support which must be an AI bot because in every case the reply was ‘upgrade to 2020’ in spite of me meticulously explaining to them multiple times that it isn’t possible due to the hardware, 

I’ve also installed the software on my Win 10 laptop and tried to install the X6.4 patch and the patch for the Win 10 tool bar fix, neither would install, same message.

Searches for solutions have come up empty, so I’m looking for suggestions. TIA

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
No Data