CorelDraw x7 Hangs when opening any document, including the New Document template

Everything has been going fine with x7 for me. I don't reboot my computer unless I have updates to install, yesterday CorelDraw x7 worked fine.

As of the initial posting here is where I am at:

• This morning I double clicked a draw file I was working on yesterday and it hangs CD trying to open it.
  • I tried to just open CD on its own and it hung again.
  • I rebooted my computer and let everything load. Open CD and it hung
  • Held f8 and open CD and it gave me the reset dialog, i chose the to restore/overwrite. It opened the welcome video. I closed that tab and tried to open a new tab, it asked for the new document specs, I went with the defaults and it hung when I clicked o.k.
  • I held f8 again and opened CD. Got the welcome video, chose 'skip', selected the 'default' workspace, selected new document, chose the defaults for a new document and it hung when I clicked o.k.
  • While I was typing this I did what I did in the last step but let it sit on the choice of new document, template or other and it hung with out me doing anything.
  • I held f8 again and opened CD. Got the welcome video, chose 'skip', selected the 'default' workspace, selected From Template, chose the first one, clicked open and it hung.

I will try more things and update this description. Any help will be appreciated. I would rather not lose the new workspace I've created (I have a back up of it in corel, I always make a back up workspace in case I something like this happens.)

Anyone that suggests I hold F8 will owe me a beer in real life. ;)

• Second reboot. opened CD with F8. O.K. to reset, skip the video, chose "Page layout" workspace. New document success!
  • Closed CD. Opened CD. New Document. Create and switch to new workspace based on my back up. Success.
  • closed CD. Opened CD. New Document. Open the file That I first tried to open this morning? Success.

So all in all, I have no idea what happened. Ask me anything if you want.