Converting Files made with X7 to X5

Hello All, 

Question: Having created a couple of files - images in black, plus red cutlines, for use with a laser cutter, I find that the CorelDraw version X7 is not compatible with the laser cutter, which runs X5. Is there any way we can 'devolutionise' the X7 files to X5? 

Thank you,

Pandora

PS Am a CorelDraw amateur - worked by trial and error, and dimly-remembered Word, so simple replies please.

Parents
No Data
  • I had about the same problem.  Files I made with a newer version on my work, could not be opened in my older version of “Coreldraw” that I have at home. Here's a cheap solution. Download and install "Inkscape" a free vector drawing program. ( https://inkscape.org/nl/ ) Open the file which you made with your later version of Coreldraw with "Inkscape".  Save this file as an "EPS" file.

Now open "Coreldraw and open a new (blank) drawing. Import the saved "EPS", check in the dialog screen "Curves". (No letters or text!!) Now the file is imported, select the drawing and ungroup everything. The drawing is now editable and it can be stored as an "CDR" file.

Children