CorelDraw X7 Continually Crashes in Windows 10 upon startup and annoying auto save of opened files

I have a Lenovo Y50-70 with Windows 10 that I moved to from a Windows 8 machine that I used to used CorelDraw X6 on .  In December I loaded CorelDraw X7 onto the PC after finding out that CorelDraw X6 will not work in Windows 10.  Initially CorelDraw X7 worked decently except for the annoyance that if I had a file open and made changes to it, opened another file and made changes to the second file, and then went back to the initial file and closed it without saving I would find out it already had be automatically saved when I did not want the updates saved.

After a forced "critical" update to Windows 10 on January 5th, I started having continual issues with CorelDraw X7 crashing upon startup during the loading of the Welcome window.  I can get around that by closing the Welcome window as the program is opening it, but shouldn't have to.  CorelDraw X7 would also crash every time I tried to open or import an EPS file.  I have first tried doing a repair of CorelDraw X7 after doing a system restore of Windows 10 to a recovery point prior to 1/5 with no improvement.  I then removed CorelDraw X7 and then reinstalled it.  After reinstallation I still get it crashing during the loading of the Welcome screen, which I still get around by closing it during it being opened.  I can now open EPS files, but would like to not have to close out the Welcome screen every time I open the program.

When I install CorelDraw X7, it is the upgrade version and the code for the full version I have that I use is for X4 as my version of X6 was also an upgrade version.  Not sure if this changes anything with regards to the program installation and the startup issues.

Any insight into why CorelDraw X7 continually crashes for me upon starting and how I can get rid of this issue?

Any explanation why files are auto saved when I have multiple opened up?  Is this an option in the software that I can turn off?