Corel Draw X7 using excessive CPU?

I have been using Corel Draw since X4 and have had a problem start up. I recently upgraded my Windows 10 install with the November 2015 update. I am now finding that when I load a file to work on in CorelDraw, my cpu load for Corel goes up to about a constant 42-45%  and the overall machine load cycles between 75-96% which slows the overall machine down to a crawl. Is anyone else seeing this problem?Why would Corel use so much CPU just sitting there waiting for me. This is happening with a file loaded and I'm not doing anything to it. I'm looking at upgrading my laptop and want to avoid this problem on the new one. Thanks!

Parents
No Data
  • I'd like to share what I found in my case. I had a friend that uses Corel Draw X7 and she was having the same problem only on Windows 8.1. The program would start and be fine, but as soon as she opened a new document or an existing one, the CPU would stay at 27% to 50%. She's starting to use the program more, so I'd thought I would see what I could find.

I couldn't find a solution here and I felt that this had be a problem with the program and not her machine or OS.

I was looking deep into what was running on the CPU and it seemed to be only the main program. Sysinternals Process Monitor didn't show any new processes, just the existing one.

Just trying things, I decided to close the "Welcome Screen" and then create a new document. Magically, the CPU was at 27% for a short time and the settled down to 0% of course until I started clicking around. But even then, the CPU didn't go above 20% no matter how hard I tried.

So, in options, I set the startup to do "Nothing" and did some testing. No problems. She is now very happy! :-)

I hope this helps someone. It is very strange sounding, but it worked like a charm!

Cheers,
    Rob
Children
No Data