Upsize and up resolution - - possible?

I downloaded a border design which came in at just 32x30 dpi. Went to Bitmaps>Resample and changed size to 8"x10" resulting in a very grainy result. The pixels are everywhere. I set the Resolution at 300, but it didn't help. Do I understand correctly that if I upsize this download, I can't expect a sharp lines result? Is there a way to sharpen this project, or is there not enough pixels to give me the 8x10 inch size I need?  Thanks!

Parents
No Data
  • 32x32 dpi is a very low resolution, There's no way to make it better. If the image has good resolution you can enlarge a little (ie 120%) without losing visual quality, but if the image is small or if it's low resolution, there's nothing you can do. According with the image, sometimes you can draw as a vector, then enlarge, but if the image is not clear, it will be also difficult for draw accurately. btw the original size is also important. if the file is big size (for example, 45x30 cm), you can resample at bigger size (such as 50x35 cm) with only a little difference. Resmpling at 300 dpi will only add blur to the image, but it doesn't give real quality

Children
No Data