Applying Scale

Hi folks. I'm sure Corel can do this, but I may be using the wrong terminology. To be honest, I think I found how to do this before, but can't find it now.

Let's say I want to apply the scale of an object. So I select it, change the size in the toolbar at the top to 80% in the horizontal and vertical axis. Let's say now I want to scale the vertical axis 103%. I don't want to scale it 103% of its original size. I want to scale it 103% of the 80% scale.

In other programs I've used, you can apply the scale in between those two scale steps. So I would scale it 80% and apply the scale. When I apply the scale, it now reads 100%, but it is actually still 80% of its original size. How do I do this in CorelDRAW?

Parents
  • DanPool said:
    Let's say I want to apply the scale of an object. So I select it, change the size in the toolbar at the top to 80% in the horizontal and vertical axis. Let's say now I want to scale the vertical axis 103%. I don't want to scale it 103% of its original size. I want to scale it 103% of the 80% scale.

If you use the "Scale and mirror" tab on the Transformations docker, you can apply scaling that is relative to the current size of the object (not relative to the "original size" of the object when it was created).

Reply Children
No Data