How to make this outline/background

Hello all - I cannot figure out how to make this outline/background (the green area) Please walk me through making this. THANKS!!!! 

Parents
  • Hi Mickey,

I don't have the time to look at the video right now as I am busy; However, this is what I would do.

1. Find a suitable serif font such as "High School USA SERIF"
    2. Type T and set the correct size (maybe 700 pt)
    3. Add outline by right clicking White.
    4. Double click the outline tool at the bottom right hand corner. Change outline to about 24 point (something greater than 16 so you cannot see the serif space at the top of T)
    5. Add Contour (Window>Dockers>Effects>contours)
    ----click 3rd box to set an outer contour
    -----1 contour step is fine
    ----- change the contour offset to about 10mm or more (play with this until it looks right)
    ------change the colour to the correct green (you can set the outline and fill to the same colour or it will take longer to figure our size of outline if you only set an outline)
    6. Now you are basically done, you just need to import the flowery background and powerclip it inside the T.

7. Type Tigers over and right click to green outline. Tou can powerclip a glittery pink background just for image sake but otherwise you can just speak to your printers about adding pink glitter. (If you already had step 7 done, then just right click, choose order>Bring to front.

Regards,
    Safia
Reply Children