The pictures i imported are not visible ?

Hello,

I am quite new and so called "noob" when it comes to CorelDraw X7.
My Supervisor asked me to make some Posters for the Company and i am currently working on it.
First of all, what i am doing might be completely wrong so if u guys have any suggestions i would be happy to hear them [:D]

I had to import couple of Powerpoint slides(Graphics/Charts) as images to Coreldraw the first problem copy/paste doesnt work. So i tried to save the slides as Windows Enhanced Metafile and then crop them. It kinda worked i had to write everything again in CorelDraw cause otherwise the Letters were either too small or too big comparing to other letters i wrote in Coreldraw.
It takes long though.

Anyway after i was done i saved the file and closed it. Today i started the Software again to work but the images i imported are gone. if i click where the image was i can select it and if i click twice then even i can see the image in Microsoft Paint. But I cant see them in Coreldraw.

So obviously my question is: How can i bring those images back?
I am uploading screenshot so u guys can see what i am talking about.

Many thanks in advance

Parents Reply
  • The "Object Manager" in CorelDRAW can help you see more of how the document is structured.

In that screenshot, I have one of the "problem" images selected. In the Object Manager, this shows as an "OLE" object (Object Linking and Embedding).

If I right-click on that object and choose "Edit", the image opens in MS Paint.

I think that the "OLE" means that the content has been brought into the file in such a way that CorelDRAW is expecting some other application to be involved in rendering the content.

If you put these in by simply "pasting" content into CorelDRAW, you could instead try "paste special", which may give you more options to control exactly how the content is being brought in.

For bitmap images (e.g., JPG, PNG, TIF), I usually simply bring the image file directly into CorelDRAW (drag and drop).

Children