Photo-Paint "Combine objects together" equivalent in CorelDRAW

Hi

I have been using Photo-paint for about 20 years, mainly for making family birthday cards. It has always been great for scanning in a line drawing and filling with colour to print out.

What I've always liked is that you can make a design with shapes then combine them and they stay as they look.

I have been looking for the same option in CorelDRAW for months without success.

For example, I have made a hexagon pattern which contains over 300 separate objects and want to combine them as one object. If I use combine I lose all of the detail. If I use group the number of objects remains the same.

Is there an option to combine objects without losing any detail. Please forgive me if I am being irredeemably stupid and thanks for any help you can offer.

Parents
No Data
  • In CorelDRAW, "Combine" has a very specific meaning. Combine creates a single Curve shape, so everything in that Curve will have the same Outline and Fill (and some other) properties.

For what you are trying to accomplish, could you share why you wouldn't want to use "Group"?

If you are not already familiar with it, you might look at the "Symbol" capability in CorelDRAW.

Children
No Data