Photo-Paint "Combine objects together" equivalent in CorelDRAW

Hi

I have been using Photo-paint for about 20 years, mainly for making family birthday cards. It has always been great for scanning in a line drawing and filling with colour to print out.

What I've always liked is that you can make a design with shapes then combine them and they stay as they look.

I have been looking for the same option in CorelDRAW for months without success.

For example, I have made a hexagon pattern which contains over 300 separate objects and want to combine them as one object. If I use combine I lose all of the detail. If I use group the number of objects remains the same.

Is there an option to combine objects without losing any detail. Please forgive me if I am being irredeemably stupid and thanks for any help you can offer.

Parents
No Data
  • To me, it seems you may want to Weld certain shapes. If a bunch of shapes are the same color, and you want them to behave as one piece in the Object Manager  - then weld then all into one. The Weld function appears on the property bar when you have multiple vector shapes selected. Experiment on a few simple shapes to see how it works.

Children
No Data