Photo-Paint "Combine objects together" equivalent in CorelDRAW

Hi

I have been using Photo-paint for about 20 years, mainly for making family birthday cards. It has always been great for scanning in a line drawing and filling with colour to print out.

What I've always liked is that you can make a design with shapes then combine them and they stay as they look.

I have been looking for the same option in CorelDRAW for months without success.

For example, I have made a hexagon pattern which contains over 300 separate objects and want to combine them as one object. If I use combine I lose all of the detail. If I use group the number of objects remains the same.

Is there an option to combine objects without losing any detail. Please forgive me if I am being irredeemably stupid and thanks for any help you can offer.

Parents
No Data
  • Thanks to everyone for getting back to me so quickly. I feel guilty for not checking my emails sooner.

I am clearly out of my depth with CorelDRAW. Using Photo-paint to create the crude illustration in my example, I can create a figure using five rectangles and an ellipse. I can also create a tree using a rectangle and an ellipse.

In each case I have created the desired shape and fill, selected them and clicked "combine objects together". The tree now has a brown trunk and green foliage. If i select it, the rectangle and ellipse move as one item. This is where I get confused. If I do the same in CorelDRAW, the objects remain separate. I can group the five rectangles and ellipse and place them in front of the tree. if I then select the "Tree" I can only select the ellipse or the rectangle. Similarly, the figure is now 6 separate shapes unless selected using shift.

My query was whether there is a way to use CorelDRAW the same as Photo-paint.

Thanks again for your patience

Children