Font Manager X8 is very slow in response

I have finally gotten past all the Font Service crashes and added my collections in batches. They are currently added as 3 separate collections, OTF Library, TTF Library and Type1 Library.

When selecting one of these libraries to peruse, the app becomes sluggish and takes a while to display the fonts in the collection. I have timed the events individually, below are the approximate results (I counted in my head)...

OTF Library - 9217 Fonts - ~10 seconds to activate - 1.08 seconds per 1000 fonts

TTF Library - 39538 Fonts - ~21 seconds to activate - .53 seconds per 1000 fonts

Type1 Library - 8045 Fonts - ~11 seconds to activate - 1.36 seconds per 1000 fonts

Parents
No Data
  • I brought this up earlier. Claude has acknowledged the issue and says a hotfix may be out or maybe the next service pack.

"
    suku, We discovered the font list performance issue only a few days before we launched when it was too late to safely fix it. These performances issues are more visible on systems with relatively slow hard drives or in virtual environment like virtual box or hyper-v. And they only seems to affect certain types of hard drives even some SSDs!

We already have a fix for it but I don't know when we will release it. The more people complaining about it, the sooner.

Claude Peloquin, CorelDRAW Principal Software Developer - Typography
    "

here is the link:
    http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x7/f/809/p/52346/249689#249689

Suku
Children
No Data