paintshop pro vs photo paint

In terms of photo editing, what are major differences between Photo-Paint and PaintShop Pro? Thanks!

Parents
  • Way to many to list.

In basic terms PSP X9 is a photographers program with lots of filters and effects, while some would say it's an amateurs program I don't believe it. If what you're doing is going to stay in the RGB world you have everything you need. It supports layers and PSD format however drop shadows from PS so not translate into PSD but do into CorelDRAW. I feel the masking tools are not as well developed as Photo-PAINT but that might just be because I'm better with PP tools.

PSP X9 is application color managed which requires some thought before hand (what that means is that all images are converted to the applications color space) and if you shoot RAW just like, Photo-PAINT X8, PaintShop is best when teamed with AfterShot Pro 3.

Corel Photo-PAINT X8 is not as diverse as PSP X9 in it's tool set but has more sophisticated masking and node editing, it is also document color managed, (what that means is that Photo-PAINT can have multiple documents open with different color spaces) it supports all color models, RGB,CMYK, Grayscale and N Color (spot colors). Hands down the best display for the image corrector.

If what you do is RGB or Grayscale work PaintShop Pro X9 is very good, having Corel Photo-PAINT X8 will augment your workflow.

If your work will go to print then you must have Photo-PAINT X8, also having PaintShop Pro X9 will augment your tool set but PP X8 has state of the art color, color management and the best display for those who have to worry about morie of any image editor available.

If you're doing professional image editing and photography for print or web distribution then all you need is AfterShot Pro 3, PaintShop Pro X9 and the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8, which includes Photo-PAINTX8. 

Reply Children