CorelDraw X8 won't install on Windows 10

Bought the upgrade for CorelDraw X8 yesterday. I tried to install it, and it says that it is unpacking files and then it has me enter my serial number and then it says it is installing Visual C++ 2015 and then it says that it can't continue because it is already installed. At first I thought it meant that I had to uninstall X7 which is the only version that I have installed. But then I searched the web and I think that the error might be with Visual C++. 

In the other post it says that you need to uninstall an update of Visual C++ and then install Corel Draw X8 and then reinstall the Visual C++ that you uninstalled. 

But I have two version beyond what they said CorelDraw is using. I have 14.0.23918 and 14.0..2302

So that does that mean that I have to uninstall both of those? And if I uninstall them are other things going to break? And where do I get both of those updates so I can reinstall them? I don't want to uninstall them until I have them to re-install? I saw a link to where you could download the latest update of Visual C++, but I'm not sure if it just lets you download the latest version or if you can download each update. I only saw one download button.

I contacted Corel Support, but so far I have not heard back from them. 

Didn't know this was going to be such a problem. Almost wish I had never upgraded.

Parents
No Data
  • This issue has also been discussed here: http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/coreldraw_graphics_suite_x8/f/832/t/52735

The redistributable in question is specifically: VC++ Redistributable 2015, version 14.0.23918.0 (x64 and x86). It was released at the end of March, with Update 2 of Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8, released mid-March includes the VC++ Redistributable 2015, but an earlier version than 14.0.23918.0 (x64 and x86). When it is detected, the installer fails.

An interim workaround is to uninstall this specific redistributable (VC++ Redistributable 2015 version 14.0.23918.0, either x86 or x64 to match the bit version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 that you are installing), then install CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8, then reinstall the updated Microsoft VC++ 2015 redistributables. The x64 and x86 downloads for 14.0.23918.0 are available here: https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs#d-visual-c

Sharon
Children