help weird expanding file

I made a simple border image and exported it to svg for my customer. It is 3" x 2.187" yet when she opens it, it is 33.33" x 24.30"

Parents
No Data
Reply Children
  • or sure, I don't know what that means but if it will help me avoid issues in the future that would be great. I also need a link to a tutorial how to use it or explain what a VBA macro is  :-)

VBA is "Visual Basic for Applications". It's a programming language, and is one of the tools that can be used to "make CorelDRAW do things". The things that can be accomplished that way range from very simple to quite complicated.

Depending on the work that one is doing with CorelDRAW, macros may be of no interest at all, or they may "change one's CorelDRAW world" - it all depends. For some users, the ability to use macros is CorelDRAW's "killer feature".

I wish that I could direct you to a section of the forum specifically for discussion and sharing of macros, from the perspective of general users and do-it-yourself programmers. That would be a great place for a FAQ, tutorials, links to resources, etc. I've pleaded the case, practically begged - and no such area of the forum exists at this time.

The macro I mentioned is a tool that:

1. Figures out the size of the current selection.
    2. Changes the document page size to match that size.
    3. Moves all content in the document so that the current selection is centered on the page.
    4. Zooms to page.

In use, it looks like this:

VIDEO: fit page to selection

I only mentioned this macro because it sounded to me as though part of your solution was adjusting the size of the page to be close to the size of the content with which you were working.