Corel 10 brightness-contrast-intensity not working after install on windows 7 professional

Purchased a new Dell computer first week of April with Windows 7 Professional operating system (bigger, better and faster). I then installed my Corel DRAW 10 without any problems. The trouble is when I click the 'Image' button I get the drop down menu but when I click the brightness-contrast-intensity to make adjustments for a photo in Corel PHOTO PAINT 10 (as before with old computer and Windows XP) the window to make these adjustments does not open ? When I click the Help menu button I get a window that says 'Failed to launch help' and another window that says:  

Why can't I get help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows. However, you can download a program that will allow you to view Help created in the Windows Help format.

For more information, go to the Microsoft Help and Support website.

Anybody run into this before ? Any ideas as to a fix ?

Thanks,

Past Joys and Toys

Parents
No Data
  • It could be that CD 10 is about 14 years old. And MS Windows has moved on. While I think they should have built support for the old help file format, they don't take advice from me.

Someone with 10 still installed and running in Windows 7 is going to have to step in and help troubleshoot.

Children
No Data