I purchased some fonts and they downloaded as T1, and I cannot use them in Artistic view in Corel 9. Help?

I purchased three fonts for a client project and they downloaded just fine.  I need to work in artistic view for the font, and when I try to do that, the word disappears.  However, working in paragraph text mode seems to show the font, but I cannot do specific adjustments in it like I can in artistic mode.  I did try the fonts in some other programs, and they are working just fine.  These fonts have a T1 next to them.  All of my other fonts are TT.  I know that T1 is an older version, but how can I make this work for artistic text and not paragraph text?  I have been trying to figure this out for hours now and need to get moving on this project.  Any help is appreciated!!!

Parents
  • What are the exact font names, and what veresion of windows are you using?

Type 1 fonts used to work fine in CorelDraw 9. We only used type 1 fonts with versions 7, 9 and 11 for many years. But the "disappearing" problem you describe sounds like what happens if you have the same font in both truetype and type 1 format, and you install them both at the same time.

Is it possible that you already had truetype versions of those fonts? Or that you have bought a font that has been supplied in both truetype and type 1 versions, and you installed them both without realising? In some cases, the TT and T1 versions may have marginally different names but have the same internal font ID.

Try uninstalling the Type 1 version and see if you can still use the font you just installed. If you can, then that's the problem. Find out which fonts you are now using, uninstall those and then you will probably be able to install and use the type 1 versions.

Reply Children
No Data