Open a .wmf image in Corel Draw 5

Hello:

I have Corel Draw 5 installed in my IBM PC 300GL computer with Windows 95 as the operating system. I have several .wmf images that I want to open and view each one, but when I click "Open" to view them Corel Draw opens up and just gives me an error message and that the file is not found. The Corel Draw logo is shown before each of the .wmf files.

Is there a way to open the files and view them?

Thank you.

Parents
No Data
  • Version 5 ought to be able to import wmf files, but I would not expect it to open them from windows explorer.

You should be able to import the file by opening CorelDraw, creating a new empty file and then look for the import option which is probably on the file menu. But version 5 comes from the days when every byte of memory was precious. Probably wmf and other import file types were an optional part of the installation. So if you do not see import as an option, or if you have import but wmf does not seem to be one of its options, you may have to go back to the install floppy or DVD and try to find an option that installs it. Also see ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/CorelDRAW/DRAW5Suite/ in case you have missing updates.

nhlblues said:
    The Corel Draw logo is shown before each of the .wmf files.

That is misleading -- only files that a program opens should display the Corel icon in windows explorer. You have probably at some time in the past right clicked on the file and asked windows to open it in CorelDraw. Maybe somebody who still has windows 95 can tell us how to remove that association -- though it is relatively innocuous apart from having to remember that you must import the file, not open it.

Children