Old Coreldraw 8 files

My husband sadly died earlier this year. He had been using the old Coreldraw 8 and had produced many leaflets and posters. I need to edit these but his windows XP computer has just  finally stopped working. The only computers I have to work on now are my old computer with windows 7 or my new one with windows 10.

I have the three discs and password for Coreldraw 8 and have tried to install it, unsuccessfully, on both of my computers and am assuming it is because it's incompatible with these versions of windows. I could purchase the latest home/student version, but have been told by the helpline that I cannot edit files which were produced with old Coreldraw 8.

I cannot start all over again and reproduce these documents as I don't have the know-how. Please can anyone advise me?

Parents
  • I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

I'm currently running Corel 12 on my Windows 7 (64-bit) laptop computer. No problems installing or running it on that Windows version.  Corel 12 can open and even save CDR files in version 8 format. You might be able to pick up a 2nd-hand version of Corel 12 on eBay or elsewhere for fairly cheap price (since it is also quite old). 

I did a quick Google search for Corel Draw 12 and found https://www.amazon.com/CorelDraw-Graphics-Suite-OLD-VERSION/dp/B00014TCTA

But that seems a little pricey to me. You might have better luck looking for it on eBay. That Google search also shows some free downloads of Corel 12 - I would be leery of trying those. They might have viruses, spyware and they are most likely illegal copies.

The other option is for one of the group's members to convert these files for you to something the current versions of Corel can read. But I'm not sure what the proper process would be (version 12 is the latest one I use).

Peteski

Reply Children