Are Pantone palettes going to be removed from Corel in 2022?

Given information that Pantone palletes will be removed from Adobe software libraries this March, and Pantone focusing on promoting their Pantone Connect extension subscription model, i was wondering if anyone heard anything about it regarding Corel software.

• I wondered when this would happen. Only way to make a buck I guess. If Pantone is giving the software publishers a slice it will happen.

• from this article:

"Marketing color access by subscription to Pantone Connect might be the future for Adobe users, but Cheng said that Pantone continues to license up-to-date Pantone color data to Serif (for its Affinity suite of applications), to Quark, and to Corel, as well as to “Pantone’s many other software partners.”"

also in the article - for Adobe users:

On top of the usual Adobe Creative Cloud subscription plans, Pantone Connect will cost $7.99 per month or $35.99 for a full year for the first year and $59.99 annually thereafter.

• If the Pantone color libraries are not removed from the impending release of CorelDRAW 2022 I figure it will only be a matter of time before they are removed. Give it a few months or maybe a year. But we'll have to see what kinds of consequences take place in March and the months following that after Pantone's color libraries are removed from Adobe software.

I don't know what Adobe, Corel or any other vendor is having to pay Pantone to bundle those color libraries into the graphics software (or even if they're paying Pantone anything at all). Whatever the terms may be I think Pantone, X-Rite and the higher ups who own those companies are making a really stupid mistake by letting those libraries be removed from Adobe's software. I can't see this being a good thing at all for Pantone. I think they're taking a big gamble and it's going to backfire on them.

Pantone is not the only color library standard. There are other spot and process color systems available (and bundled into many graphics applications, such as CorelDRAW). I always looked at the existence of those color libraries within software like CorelDRAW as a form of advertising. Pantone makes a bunch of its money selling physical swatch books and other kinds of products. The little color palettes within graphics applications are a way to sell those physical products. If those Pantone electronic swatch libraries are removed from the applications it's going to make Pantone a lot less visible. Pantone may end up seeing sales levels of their physical products drop.

Some users will be forced to pay $60 per year per computer to use the Pantone Connect service. But I think a great deal of users will just adapt around the removal. Some users may put the Pantone color palettes in the nice to have but do not need category. Thanks largely to the Internet many companies already use RGB, CMYK or even L*a*b values to describe the official colors of their branding in addition to Pantone values. With Pantone's swatches removed from Adobe's applications it may lead to many firms to just stop using Pantone in color specifications. Adobe claims they're developing some kind of work-around, but no details have emerged about that yet.