CorelDraw Essentials 2021 Snap to Grid Question

Hello everyone,

I am new to CorelDraw Essentials and this is my first post and first question.  I'm an old retired guy trying to use Essentials to draw out a motorcycle training course.  It will be a simple, 2-D drawing with mostly orange and green circles representing traffic cones.  I am trying to remember my experience from using Micrographix Desginer(?) back in the early '90s, but not having too much success.

I have been able to get my drawing screen to show grid dots every .25 inches, which is exactly what I want.  Now I want my objects to snap to the nearest grid point, but they are not lining up perfectly straight.  If I move an object and release it between two grid points, it stays there.  I want it to snap to the closer grid point.  When I do get the object to hover over a grid point, a little # sign shows up, and I release the object, but even then, my objects are still not perfectly aligned.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sam

Parents
  • Do you also have Snap to Objects enabled?

If you want the center of your circle to snap to a grid point, you will need Snap to Objects to accurately pick up the center of the circle when you start your click-and-drag operation to reposition it. Otherwise, wherever you happen to click on the circle - not the center - will be a reference point for snapping to the grid.

When clicking on the circle, you will need to be fairly close to the center in order for Snap to Objects to pick it up.

Reply Children