Corel DESIGNER - Unwanted Control Group

I am using Corel DESIGNER as part of the Tech Pack UpGrade to CorelDRAW X6 and find that Unwanted Control Groups are created automatically. This occurrence is reliably repeatable.

It does not seem possible to attach the DES File*** here, possibly because it is too large? How does Corel manage this situation?

However bear with me whilst the problem is explained. <This is what I did>:

1. Draw 2 Objects < Rectangle 100 x 100mm and Circle 100mm diameter centred on each other>

2. Group the Objects in 1 above < Key Combo Ctl-A then Ctl-G>

3. Create Dimension(s) < On vertical side of Rectangle, alternatively Radius of Circle, second alternative both of these. NB. The Dimensions are not being added to the Group>

RESULTS:

@2. The Group is Editable.

@3. The Group has been 'automatically' altered to become a Control Group with no obvious way to Edit the Group. That is the options to Ungroup and Ungroup All are greyed out, and there is nil option to Break Control Group Apart. In Object Manager it is not possible to select the individual Objects from the Group. The workaround is to remove the Dimension(s) and the Control Group reverts to become a straightforward Group again.

*** The size of this file is 1.4MB, considering that the largest version, of the File, contained only 4 Objects this seems rather bloated? By comparison a complex CDR File with 3,755 Objects is only 456Kb.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong? TIA of any meaningful input.

UPDATE:

Saving the comparison File [456Kb] in CorelDRAW X6 increased the size to 1.9Mb.