TechnicalSuite X6 Installation problem on Windows 8.1

Not able to install CorelDraw Technical Suite X6 on a 64-bit machine running Windows 8.1. The installer is stucked on the message: "Initializing setup. Please wait..." the only thing I can do is aborting the installation. Then tried to follow the Corel Support suggestion of closing all other applications, disable antivirus, work off-line, launching installation with admin credentials but... but nothing changes.

Please help.

Parents
  • Hello. I'm not sure if you solved your problem or not... however, I will post my solution to hopefully help others out there with this or a similar issue. Formatting the harddrive and reloading Windows from scratch was NOT the answer for me. I needed a solution not to spend a ton of hours getting my computer back up and running from a reinstall.

I was getting the same error for X5, X6 and x7 of CorelDraw Suites and in order for me to install it, I needed to create a new local admin user on the computer. Once the new admin user was created and I was logged in as the new admin user, I was able to run the setup with no issues and setup completed normally. After installation completed, I then logged back in as my normal user and verified that I could run the programs... and I could with no issues. So, something in my profile settings was causing the issue, I don't know what, however, creating the new admin user for the install solved the install problem. I deleted the new admin user once I knew everything was working as expected.

I hope this helps others.

All the best,

Jerry
Reply Children
No Data