Corel Technical Suite X6 Unstable

There seems to be an issue with the entire suites stability, specifically Corel Designer X6. I have installed all updates, and done a installation repair, and these stability issues still persist. I have a system more than adequate to run Corel (Win7 Ultimate, i7 3820 3.60GHz, Geforce 760 2gb, 16gb Ram)

There are more than a few known operations that will crash Designer/Draw X6, listing some below:

- Copying large amount of data to the clip board. Will right after clicking copy in the context menu.

- Pasting large amount of data from clip board. Will crash after asking to import document settings.

- Importing and editing styles across documents. Will crash when you try to apply the imported style.

- Editing linked dimensions/call-outs. Will crash when click a live dimension that has been pasted into a document.

- Random crashes, during regular use.

Is there an issue with the clipboard for Corel?

The only solution I have at this point is to save before using any copy/paste function and to set auto-backup to an absurdly low time (2 mins).

Every member of our design department has these issues with the Corel Suite, so it is not just a isolated issue.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello lykqid; One of the things that I can think of is: To Check in Bios and see if the ram is setup correctly. I'M just using Draw X7 and took a picture of a road trailer blew it up to 100% scale at a little over 53' and copied it to the clip board so I could past it in a different program with a few other programs running with graphics on it and it is running with no problems, and we both have the same amount of ram. But some time the auto detect doesn't do to good of a job. Good Luck.

George
Children