Corel Technical Suite X6 Unstable

There seems to be an issue with the entire suites stability, specifically Corel Designer X6. I have installed all updates, and done a installation repair, and these stability issues still persist. I have a system more than adequate to run Corel (Win7 Ultimate, i7 3820 3.60GHz, Geforce 760 2gb, 16gb Ram)

There are more than a few known operations that will crash Designer/Draw X6, listing some below:

- Copying large amount of data to the clip board. Will right after clicking copy in the context menu.

- Pasting large amount of data from clip board. Will crash after asking to import document settings.

- Importing and editing styles across documents. Will crash when you try to apply the imported style.

- Editing linked dimensions/call-outs. Will crash when click a live dimension that has been pasted into a document.

- Random crashes, during regular use.

Is there an issue with the clipboard for Corel?

The only solution I have at this point is to save before using any copy/paste function and to set auto-backup to an absurdly low time (2 mins).

Every member of our design department has these issues with the Corel Suite, so it is not just a isolated issue.

Parents
No Data
  • Hello,

We are looking into this issue, however can you tell me if something has recently changed on the affected systems? For example, OS updates, other software or updates installed? When did the issue start occurring?

Edit: can you tell us where you are copying from? Is it all within the same Designer file, multiple open files or another source?

There is another similar post from yesterday, also on Windows 7: http://community.coreldraw.com/talk/technical_graphics_products/f/764/t/48830

Could you try turning off background tasks (in Tools, Options, Global) to see if this makes a difference?

Any information would be helpful.
    Sharon

Children