File corrupted after save. Corel Designer x6

I have been having an issue with some files while working in Designer x6. After saving a file, when it is reopened it shows as a blank single page document. The file still has data in it because the file size is still correct. It has happened a little over a dozen times now. Recently I have lost a lot of work because of this.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Is there a fix for this issue?

I have a corrupted file uploaded to wetransfer, if anyone could try to open or show a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

http://we.tl/MArelVCeOD

-Brad

Parents
No Data
  • Hello,

Can you provide more details about what changes may have been made in the file prior to the issue occurring? Or have you been able to determine a pattern to when the issue occurs? Are there specific objects, actions or object types that you may be using? Can you tell me where these files originated? Do you still have 'background tasks' disabled in Corel DESIGNER X6?

I have opened/imported the file into X6 and have also found that it opens blank. An error appears on open, stating the file is missing a linked object.

The file does, however, open in Corel DESIGNER X7, with no linked object error. It is unclear if all the objects from the original file have loaded. I resaved the file as X6 format and it will open in Corel DESIGNER X6. I can send it to you, if you can provide me with an email address (send to sharon.potts@corel.com)

I am now exploring the file in both X6 and X7 to see if I can track down the source of the problem, but any information you can provide me with would be helpful.

Sharon
Children
No Data