Markup Code (Pre-Tagged) ASCII

Hopefully Jim Hart is paying attention to this request.  I have created a data base application that creates a pre-tagged Ventura Text File creating flowing text with tables.  Client has requested that a Specific Cell have the type in WHITE with a 50% Black background..  I know and have used for years the code <$!B18> for White Letter on Black Background.   Code needs to be format for CMYK,  I have tried <C2,2,0,0,0,0,50> but this is forground (TEXT) .

I must be over tired.  I think this is my solution.  Try it yourself.  Still looking for some type of documentation on Available Codes and Usage

@MAJOR = TEST Major Head
@Head = Trail Run
@Z_TBL_BEG = COLUMNS(4), DIMENSION(PI), BOX(Z_Single), VGRID(Z_Single)
@Z_TBL_HEAD = TABLE HEAD VR, TABLE HEAD VR, TABLE HEAD VR, TABLE HEAD VR
<$!C2,5,2,0,0,0,100>Column1, <$!C2,5,2,0,0,0,100>Column2, <$!C2,5,2,0,0,0,100>Column3, <$!C2,5,2,0,0,0,100>Column4
@Z_TBL_BODY = TABLE TEXT, TABLE TEXT, TABLE TEXT, TABLE TEXT
<$!C2,5,2,0,0,0,50><C2,5,2,0,0,0,0>TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT
TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT
TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT
TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT
TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT
TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT
@Z_TBL_END =

Parents
  • Barry --

Unfortunately for us. but fortunately for him, Jim is basically retired. I wish he were around more; I miss him.

That said, I think I can help you. First, to get to the basic markup code reference in V10 help, just open Help and look in the index for markup codes.

Second, when you're trying to figure out a bit more complex bit of markup, simply create what you want in V10, export the text, and look at the exported markup. For example, I created a 3-column table with two rows. I made and made the middle cell in the last row 50% Black fill, and change the paragraph properties so the text is white. Here's the resulting coded text:

@Z_STYLE70 =
    @Z_TBL_BEG = VERSION(10), TAGNAME(Default Table), ROWS(2), COLUMNS(3)
    @Z_TBL_ROW_BEG =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG =
    @Table Text =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_END =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG =
    @Table Text =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_END =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG =
    @Table Text =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_END =
    @Z_TBL_ROW_END =
    @Z_TBL_ROW_BEG =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG =
    @Table Text =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_END =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG = C3,5,2,0,0,0,128
    @Table Text = testing
    @Z_TBL_CELL_END =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG =
    @Table Text =
    @Z_TBL_CELL_END =
    @Z_TBL_ROW_END =
    @Z_TBL_END =

The code for setting the background color to 50% Black is in the table cell beginning:
    @Z_TBL_CELL_BEG = C3,5,2,0,0,0,128

The code for setting the paragraph font to white is in the cell text after the tag for the paragraph:
    @Table Text = testing

Hope that helps!
Reply Children