Cannot open cdr file

I created a file in Corel Draw 13 on my computer and sent the design to my sister who also has Corel Draw 13. She cannot open the file and gets a message that the file "is not importable using the selected filters or this format is not supported." We can't figure out what is different between her program and mine. She is on Vista and I am using Windows XP, but this seems more to be a problem with the Corel Draw X3 program. Any suggestions on what to do to open the file?

• To my knowledge, the file format hasn't changed between any version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X3. I guess you've sent the file in a Zipped format so that you can make sure there are no problems with the transmission?

Gérard 

• Hmmm.....not a fix, but maybe you could try and save it as a CMX and send it again. See if that works. Just an idea. Can't imagine why the CDR won't open. I have taken X3 files from my Vista machine at work and edited them on my XP machine at home with no prob (and vise-versa).

Hope that helps!Big Smile

• Hi, I am new here and maybe this has nothing to do with your problem, but I was thinking that since "importing was mentioned" that maybe your sister was trying to import the file with the "A" tool highlighted and you may actually need to have the "Pick" tool highlighted instead. The other thing I thought of was she should just double click on the file name and let CorelDraw open it (instead of importing it). These may be too basic, but sometimes the obvious is overlooked.

• Do you have ANY bitmaps within the file ? I've had that problem on three occasions and in each case a bitmap within the file had "magically" changed itself into a.eps format. Clicking on the image and converting back to a bitmap (using the same dpi / pixel resolution) and resaving the file has worked for me each time.

Ted

• I am Having the same issue I saved some files a few weeks ago and I cannot open them. All my other files show the thumbnail but anything that has the corel pencil in front of it won't open I get the same error. Any way to fix it?